We are excited to have you join us on campus for a one-day Transfer New Student Orientation (NSO) where you will learn more about graduation requirements, register for classes, meet other transfer students, connect with your new campus and current students, and begin to feel at home at the University of Utah. In the meantime, explore our website, learn more about what opportunities await, and prepare to become a part of the U community!
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Please contact International Student & Scholar Services to complete Orientation.
Transfer Orientation Registration
To register for a Transfer NSO program, please select the semester in which you are enrolling.
Who attends New Student Orientation?
- ALL first-time, new students are REQUIRED to attend NSO (this applies to all first-year and transfer students). If you have recently graduated from high school, are transferring from another institution, and/or this is the first time you are attending the U, then you MUST attend NSO.
- If you are a returning student who previously attended a NSO session (meaning you started classes at the U previously and are now coming back to continue your degree), you are not required to attend NSO now.
- If you are seeking a second undergraduate degree at the U, you are not required to attend NSO.
- Students who are not required to attend NSO may still elect to do so, as many things change at the U each year! Students may also contact our office to be connected with materials that help with matriculating to the U.
- For any clarification on these policies, please contact our office.
A few things to know:
- You must pay your enrollment deposit prior to registering for NSO. You can pay your enrollment deposit here.
- The fee for Transfer NSO is $25.
- Attendance at a complete NSO session is mandatory, partial attendance does not fulfill your requirement.
- Personal guests and friends are not permitted at NSO and will be asked to meet their student at the conclusion of the day’s session.
- Make sure you know where to go! Click here for parking information.
All transfer students are encouraged to make an academic advising appointment prior to attending NSO. Please be aware, if you are unable to visit an adviser in advance there will be department representatives at NSO to assist with First Semester Course Planning.