Crimson Transfer Honor Society was established to provide more opportunities through its mission:
- To recognize the academic success of transfer students as they transition to the U of U
- To encourage and support transfer students as they matriculate to graduate schools and begin careers
- To get transfer students involved in the University of Utah campus and to serve the community
- To aid transfer students socially, academically, and financially
Transfer students are rarely recognized for their academic performance in college. However, we know that you perform just as well, if not better, than students who began their career at the University of Utah.
Crimson Transfer Honor Society (CTHS) strives to recognize the academic excellence attained by transfer students during their first semester at the University of Utah. Eligibility is determined by both your first semester GPA and attendance of Transfer Workshop events during your first semester.
- Be a Transfer Student
- Earn at least a 3.5 grade point average in your first 12 credit hours here at the
- For full-time students, this requirement will be fulfilled your first semester.
- For part-time students, this requirement will be fulfilled when you have completed your first 12 credit hours here at the U.
- Attend at least two Transfer Workshops during your first semester at the University of Utah.
- Students who start in summer semester must complete 12 credits during summer semester and attend two Transfer Workshops during the following fall semester.
- Part-time students must complete at least 12 credit hours and must attend at least two workshops in consecutive semesters.
- Pay one-time $50.00 membership fee. 100 percent of this fee goes towards CTHS scholarships and events.
Eligible students will be sent an invitation to apply early in the following semester to join CTHS. Those that join will be invited to an induction ceremony. If you have questions about eligibility, please email Madaline Bird: email@example.com.
There are membership fee waivers available for those who qualify. If paying the application fee presents a barrier to joining CTHS please contact Paul Fisk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crimson Transfer Honor Society provides its members opportunities for campus engagement, local scholarships, community service, and leadership, all while enhancing networking and social supports for transfer students at the University of Utah.
Members enjoy the benefit of attending co-curricular events tailored to their specific needs, an opportunity to earn graduation cords, attend an Induction Ceremony where they receive a certificate, and access to free events hosted by CTHS.
The graduation cords are crimson and gold. Members can now earn their free graduation cords by completing the following:
- Attend two CTHS events: Transfer Workshops, Induction Ceremony, & CTHS Socials
- Attend one approved CTHS service project
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative grade point average from the time you are inducted into CTHS.
In total, you will attend two CTHS events and one CTHS service project. The service project does not count towards the two CTHS events.
Members must sign-in at the events they attend for verification. Once a member meets the requirements, they can schedule to pick up their graduation cords at The Office of Orientation and Transition, Union Building, Room 280.