Welcome to the Parent Association!
Working with the Office of Orientation & Transition, the Parent Association exists to serve as a resource for parent & families, a way to network and support each other, and an outlet to engage in the life of the University through volunteer opportunities.
Participating in the Parent Association is absolutely free and is the perfect way to stay informed of important information relevant to you and your student.
Mission of the Parent Association:
- Facilitate communication among University of Utah students, the parents and family members of those students, and University administration;
- Promote student success, health and safety by engaging parents in the education process;
- Through the Executive Committee, act as parent contacts for parents to help them with questions, advice or be somebody with whom to talk; and;
- Provide a means to engage parents and family members in the University campus life.
Parent volunteers are a support to the University’s Office of Orientation & Transition team and the Executive Committee, in putting on events and fulfilling the Parent Association and University mission. We need more parent volunteers to ensure we are able to fulfill the numerous requests we receive to support our growing University family and our increasing number of activities. Activities such as:
- Move-In at the Residence Halls, our Parent & Family Welcome, and supporting New Student Welcome.
- Fall Parent & Family Weekend, including our jointly sponsored with the Alumni Association.
- Moms & Dads Nights (meals and a campus event), throughout the school year.
- Supporting a number of recruiting events in late fall and early spring for students (and parents) interested in entering the U.
- Parent & Family Orientations - speaking with parents of incoming Utah students in the summer.
Click on the Parents & Family menu above for all parent event information
The Executive Committee of 14 parents and family members - including the President, Vice-Presidents and Secretary - guide the Parent Association and represent the voice of parents to the University. New members are asked to join the Executive Committee each academic year.
Interested in getting more involved with the Parent Association? There are ways to engage with admitted students/families in your area, parent events on campus, and more through the Executive Committee .