Congratulations on your admission to the University of Utah!
We are excited to welcome you to the U family.
As a newly admitted student, you will be required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) before you can register for classes.
At NSO, you will:
- Connect with an Orientation Leader (OL) and other new students
- Discover student involvement opportunities
- Get your UCard (Student ID) made
- Learn more about academic programs and campus resources
- Understand what it means to be a part of our commUnity
- Meet with an advisor or staff member from your academic College
- Register for first semester courses
- Receive important materials and information to be a successful student
- Have fun and make friends!
You must make reservations for a specific NSO program, as space in each session is limited. You can make an online reservation for the session date of your choice after paying your enrollment deposit. Please do not make any travel plans or arrangements for NSO until your session is confirmed through the registration process.
Register for NSO by selecting the appropriate link below:
Once again, we welcome you to Utah's flagship institution. We know that you will soon feel right at home, and it all starts with your NSO!
*Note: International Students on F-1 or J-1 visas must attend orientation through International Student and Scholar Services.