Summer 2018 New Student Orientation is now closed
(Once a session is full you will no longer be able to register for that date)
Things to know about SUMMER Semester NSO:
- Attendance at a new student orientation session is required for all newly admitted students. Partial attendance is not allowed.
- You cannot register for classes until you have attended a new student orientation session.
- Check-in for these programs begins at 9am in the Union Lobby and the day will conclude by 3pm.
- Personal guests and friends are NOT allowed to attend New Student Orientation.
- Students MUST be registered for a specific NSO date. Walk-ins are absolutely NOT permitted!
- Registration closes 3 days before NSO or until session is filled.
Getting ready for NSO:
- Confirm your intent to enrollment and pay your admissions deposit
- The cost for First Year NSO is $60
- Download the U of U app for the new student orientation schedule
- Join the Official Class of 2022 Facebook Group!
- Explore various degree programs in the Undergraduate Bulletin (student must select a major when registering for NSO and cannot change it during their session - but can change it before or after NSO)
- Plan your accommodations & travel
- Complete your Proof of MMR Immunization (this must be completed by August 31, 2018)
- Request any necessary accessibility accommodations
- Know what to bring
INFORMATION FOR DEFERRED STUDENTS:
- If you were previously accepted to the U and have deferred your admission for a mission, military service, or medical reasons, you are still required to attend NSO before starting classes.
- Students who cannot attend the session dates listed above can contact our office for more information.
- Parents who would like to attend an orientation session in June or July are welcome to do so! Please contact our office for registration help.
- The Office of Orientation & Transition is committed to making sure all students have a successful transition to the U!
- During Welcome Week, a special reception for returning students will be held in partnership with the LDS Institute to help students form connections and feel supported starting the fall semester at the U.
For any additional questions, please contact our office at 801-581-7069 and a member of our team will be happy to help you.