New Student Orientation Registration Opens February 2018.
Registration for First Year Orientation will be available February 2018 . Please call our office at 801-581-7069 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Things to know about Fall Semester New Student Orientation (NSO):
- Attendance at a complete NSO session is mandatory for all newly admitted students. Partial attendance is not allowed.
- Students MUST be registered for a specific NSO date. Walk-ins are absolutely not permitted!
- Fall Semester NSO includes an overnight stay in the residence halls, regardless of whether or not a student plans to live on campus.
- Check-in for these programs begins at 8:00am on Day 1 and students should plan to
be on campus until at least 3:00pm on Day 2. Out-of-state students should not book
flights out of Salt Lake City before 4:00pm on Day 2.
- The cost for NSO is $50 per first-year student.
- Personal guests and friends are not allowed to attend New Student Orientation.
- We love parents! Family members wishing to attend a program with their student must register for the corresponding Parent & Family Orientation. Students will be able to add familiy members or other guests on their NSO registration form. The cost for Parent & Family Orientation is $50 per person.
Getting ready for NSO:
- Confirm your intent to enrollment and pay your admissions deposit
- Join the Official Class of 2021 Facebook Group!
- Explore various degree programs in the Undergraduate Bulletin (student must select a major when registering for NSO and cannot change it during their session - but can change it before or after NSO)
- Register for NSO based on available dates
- Get to know our amazing Orientation Leaders!
- Check out our tentative schedule and download our New To The U mobile app
- Know what to bring
- Complete your Proof of MMR Immunization (this must be completed by September 1, 2017)
- Request any necessary accessibility accommodations
- Plan your travel - make sure you know where to park!
- Students who may be arriving to campus early can request an additional overnight stay in the residence halls. These requests must be made seven days in advance of your NSO session.
- For a hotel room, you may contact the University Guest House
Information for deferred students:
- If you were previously accepted to the U and have deferred your admission for a mission, military service, or medical reasons, you are still required to attend NSO before starting classes.
- Students who cannot attend the session dates listed above can contact our office for more information.
- Parents who would like to attend an orientation session in June or July are welcome to do so! Please contact our office for registration help.
- The Center for New Student & Family Programs is committed to making sure all students have a successful transition to the U!
- During Welcome Week, a special reception for returning students will be held in partnership with the LDS Institute to help students form connections and feel supported starting the fall semester at the U.
For any additional questions, please contact our office at 801-581-7069 and a member of our team will be happy to help you.
We look forward to welcoming you to the U!