(Once a session is full you will no longer be able to register for that date)
Things to know about Fall Semester New Student Orientation (NSO):
- Attendance at a complete NSO session is required for all newly admitted students. Partial attendance is not allowed.
- You cannot register for classes until you have attended a NSO session.
- Fall Semester NSO includes an overnight stay in the residence halls, regardless of whether or not a student plans to live on campus.
- Check-in for these programs begins at 8:00am on Day 1 in the Union Lobby and will conclude at least 3:00pm on Day 2. Out-of-state students should not book flights out of Salt Lake City before 4:00pm on Day 2.
- We love parents! Family members wishing to attend a program with their student must register for the corresponding Parent & Family Orientation. Students will be able to add familiy members or other guests on their NSO registration form. The cost for Parent & Family Orientation is $60 per person.
- Personal guests and friends are NOT allowed to attend New Student Orientation.
- Students MUST be registered for a specific NSO date. Walk-ins are absolutely NOT permitted!
- Registration closes 3 days before NSO or until session is filled.
Getting ready for NSO:
- Confirm your intent to enrollment and pay your admissions deposit
- The cost for First Year NSO is $60
- Download the U of U app for the new student orientation schedule.
- Join the Official Class of 2022 Facebook Group!
- Explore various degree programs in the Undergraduate Bulletin (student must select a major when registering for NSO and cannot change it during their session - but can change it before or after NSO)
- Plan your accommodations & travel
- Complete your Proof of MMR Immunization (this must be completed by August 31, 2018)
- Request any necessary accessibility accommodations
- Get to know our amazing Orientation Leaders!
- Know what to bring
- Students who may be arriving to campus early can request an additional overnight stay in the residence halls. These requests must be made at least seven days in advance of your NSO session. This is only available for students registered for New Student Orientation.
- For a hotel room, you may contact the University Guest House
Information for deferred students:
- If you were previously accepted to the U and have deferred your admission for a mission, military service, or medical reasons, you are still required to attend NSO before starting classes.
- Students who cannot attend the session dates listed above can contact our office for more information.
- Parents who would like to attend an orientation session in June or July are welcome to do so! Please contact our office for registration help.
- The Office of Orientation & Transition is committed to making sure all students have a successful transition to the U!
- During Welcome Week, a special reception for returning students will be held in partnership with the LDS Institute to help students form connections and feel supported starting the fall semester at the U.
For any additional questions, please contact our office at 801-581-7069 and a member of our team will be happy to help you.